If you’re on TikTok, opportunities are you have actually seen this viral recipe for baked feta pasta at least as soon as. I desired to try the trend to see what all the fuss was about, and I tried to stick to the initial dish as best I could.
Pasta dishes are the quickest and simplest things to make, however for some factor, they have actually never been my favorite. I love feta and tomatoes, so surely I ‘d love them baked and warm and gooey, even if there took place to be pasta included.
The very best feature of this dish is its simplicity. Its affordable components include things I always have in my home, and it does not need much in the way of preparation. I attempted to stick carefully to the original recipe, I did omit the garlic and red chili pepper because I understood that my three young kids wouldn’t value them, and I had to adjust the cooking times a bit. The original dish requires simply 15 minutes in the oven, however it took 30 minutes before my tomatoes were done and the feta was melted enough to blend. I likewise broiled mine on low for 10 minutes and didn’t get that great brown look I was choosing, so I advise turning the broiler on high and keeping a close eye on it till you get the desired results. While its simplicity and minimal prep make this recipe the ideal choice for fast weeknight meals, the best part of this recipe, nevertheless, is that my whole household enjoyed it– including me!
Pasta still isn’t my preferred, but I would definitely make this meal once again. And, of course, there’s the bit about the pasta. Making these tweaks is likewise a great perk to this dish: you can alter it up a bit to fit your requirements however the scrumptious structure stays.
- 1/2 box of pasta prepared according to package directions
1 block of feta cheese
1 plan of grape or cherry tomatoes
1/2 red chili pepper
Salt and pepper (to taste)
4 cloves of garlic (optional)
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is preheating, begin preparing the pasta.
- Place the block of feta in the middle of an oven-safe dish (I used my favorite dutch oven) and dump the tomatoes in around it.
- Drizzle a little olive oil, salt, and pepper over the cheese and tomatoes, and carefully toss the tomatoes to coat.
- Put the cheese and tomatoes in the oven for 30 minutes. While it’s in the oven, remove pasta from the stove.
- After 30 minutes, turn the broiler on high for about 10 minutes to get that browned search the melted cheese.
- Remove cheese and tomatoes from the oven, and mix it all together.
- Add the pasta and mix. Garnish with fresh basil and or crushed red pepper and delight in!
- Pasta, Main Dishes
- 4 portions
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 40 minutes
- Overall Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography/ Marisa Hillman