How to watch George Mason vs. George Washington basketball game
Feb 27, 2022
2: 00 pm ET
2 min read
George Washington @ George Mason
Current Records: George Washington 11-15; George Mason 13-14
What to Know
The George Washington Colonials have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. George Washington and the George Mason Patriots will face off in an Atlantic 10 battle at 2: 30 p.m. ET Sunday at EagleBank Arena. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
The Colonials received a tough blow last Tuesday as they fell 84-71 to the Richmond Spiders. Despite the loss, George Washington had strong showings from guard Brayon Freeman, who had 19 points and five assists along with five rebounds, and guard Joe Bamisile, who had 29 points in addition to seven boards.
Meanwhile, GMU was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap this past Wednesday as they fell 72-66 to the VCU Rams. George Mason’s defeat came about despite a quality game from guard D’Shawn Schwartz, who had 22 points.
George Washington is the clear underdog, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with George Washington, who are 13-12-1 against the spread.
The Colonials got away with a 77-76 win in the teams’ previous meeting in January. The rematch might be a little tougher for them since the team won’t have home-court advantage. We’ll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 2: 30 p.m. ET
- Where: EagleBank Arena — Fairfax, Virginia
- TV: USA Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.32
The Patriots are a big 10-point favorite against the Colonials, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 10-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
George Washington have won eight out of their last 14 games against George Mason.
- Jan 17, 2022 – George Washington 77 vs. George Mason 76
- Mar 04, 2021 – George Mason 73 vs. George Washington 59
- Feb 24, 2021 – George Mason 63 vs. George Washington 58
- Feb 15, 2020 – George Washington 73 vs. George Mason 67
- Jan 15, 2020 – George Washington 73 vs. George Mason 67
- Mar 14, 2019 – George Mason 61 vs. George Washington 57
- Mar 09, 2019 – George Mason 81 vs. George Washington 65
- Jan 26, 2019 – George Mason 62 vs. George Washington 55
- Feb 10, 2018 – George Mason 72 vs. George Washington 65
- Jan 17, 2018 – George Washington 80 vs. George Mason 68
- Feb 26, 2017 – George Washington 83 vs. George Mason 74
- Jan 25, 2017 – George Washington 87 vs. George Mason 68
- Mar 01, 2016 – George Washington 74 vs. George Mason 52
- Jan 31, 2016 – George Washington 76 vs. George Mason 70
Injury Report for George Mason
- Joel Kabimba: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for George Washington
- Ira Lee: Out for the Season (Kneecap)