Some days it’s hard to figure out the Wordle word of the day in the allotted six tries, and sometimes help is needed.
The daily puzzle game provides useful tools for its users to prompt them in the right direction when they play by using a color-coding system: Grey for when the letter is not in the word, yellow for when it is but is in the wrong place, and green for when it’s in the right place.
Even with a few letters in green it can be tough to solve which word fits in the spot, given the many options it could be. But, luckily, Newsweek has a helpful set of hints and clues to assist if you’re struggling.
Before we go into that, let’s look back at Wordle which has taken the world by storm with its daily brain-teasers.
It has done so well that the game, which originally only had 90 active players, now has over 45 million who have a go at it each and every day.
So strong is the power of Wordle that several daily puzzle games have come out since then that are directly inspired by it, such as math-based Nerdle and the globe-trotting guessing game Worldle.
‘Wordle’ #264 Clues for March 10
Newsweek has collated a number of useful hints for those struggling with Wordle 264, with each hint more revealing than the last. If you would only like to see the clues to today’s word of the day then stop reading at Hint #5.
As always, the answer to today’s Wordle is at the end of the article and if you’d like to know it then simply scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Hint #1: Wordle #264 contains two vowels which are included in the words “Adieu and “Aurei”.
- Hint #2: Today’s Wordle can refer to having a temporary lack of something, like concentration.
- Hint #3: There are a number of words that rhyme with Wordle 264 including “gaps” and “traps.”
- Hint #4: Synonyms for today’s Wordle includes a “failure” or a “blunder”, or an “interlude.”
- Hint #5: Merriam-Webster defines Wordle 264 as a “a slight error typically due to forgetfulness or inattention”, and it can also refer to “a passage of time.”
‘Wordle’ #264 Answer for March 10
The answer to today’s Wordle is “Lapse”.
Wordle refreshes every day at 7 p.m. ET, at which point the next daily puzzle will become available to players.
Those who are in need of something to fill their time while they wait for Wordle to refresh can try out a number of alternative word games.