Visible Studio is a fully featured IDE to code, debug, take a look at, and deploy to any platform. Assemble alongside with your total toolset from preliminary discover to final deployment. Code faster. Work smarter. Originate the long bustle with basically the most convenient-in-class IDE.
What is Visible Studio used for?
Visible Studio is a supply code editor you would use to discover apps, video games, or extensions utilizing the language of your various. Edit, debug, and discover code. Whilst you are finished the final product can then be revealed as an app, web bid online, internet service or mobile app.
What is the incompatibility between Visible Studio Code and Visible Studio?
Visible Studio Code is a streamlined code editor with toughen for pattern operations admire debugging, job running, and version keep a watch on. It aims to give factual the tools a developer wants for a brief code-discover-debug cycle and leaves more advanced workflows to fuller featured IDEs, a lot like Visible Studio.
Is Visible Studio honest for Python programming?
Scale to work on initiatives of any dimension and complexity with a 64-bit IDE. Code with a brand original Razor editor that can refactor at some stage in files. Diagnose points with visualizations for async operations and computerized analyzers.
Assemble hideous-platform mobile and desktop apps with .NET MAUI. Set responsive Web United statesin C# with Blazor. Set, debug, and take a look at .NET and C++ apps in Linux environments. Employ sizzling reload capabilities at some stage in .NET and C++ apps. Edit running ASP.NET pages in the internet designer be conscious.
AI-powered code completions. Work together in precise-time with shared coding sessions. Clone repos, navigate work objects, and stage particular person lines for commits. Robotically field up CI/CD workflows that can deploy to Azure
Scales to any project
Visible Studio 2022 is basically the most convenient Visible Studio ever. Our first 64-bit IDE makes it less difficult to work with even bigger initiatives and more advanced workloads. The stuff you develop every single day—admire typing code and switching branches—feels more fluid more responsive. And out-of-memory errors? They’re about to be a miles-off memory.
Kind less, code more
IntelliCode is a sturdy field of computerized code completion tools that understand your code context: variable names, capabilities, and the kind of code you are writing. This makes IntelliCode ready to total up to an total line at the moment, serving to you code more accurately and confidently.
Deep insights into your code
CodeLens helps you without considerations accumulate foremost insights, admire what changes had been made, what these changes did, and whether you procure bustle unit trying out on your approach. Major files—admire references, authors, checks, and commit history—is honest there to handbook you in direction of basically the most convenient and most knowledgeable choices about your work.
Portion larger than shows
Live Portion’s precise-time collaboration sessions flee up your team’s edit and debugging cycles, no topic the language or platform. Personalized sessions with access controls and custom editor settings be obvious every person stays code-fixed.
Getting you ready to ship
Built-in debugging is a core a part of every Visible Studio product. It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to step through your code and be conscious at the values saved in variables, field watches on variables to peek when values alternate, stare the execution course of your code, and factual about one thing it be foremost to verify out below the hood.
Analyze how essential code you strive out and peek on the spot ends up in a take a look at suite that’s been optimized for effectivity. Know the impact of every alternate you discover with developed functions that take a look at code as you form. With WSL integration, you would take a look at on both Home windows and Linux to make obvious your app runs in each single articulate.
Deploying to the cloud will get even less difficult. We supply the total templates you can have for atypical application forms and native emulators. And likewise you would keep honest in Visible Studio to provision dependencies, admire Azure SQL databases and Azure Storage accounts. It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to even diagnose any points swiftly with the a long way-off debugger related on to your application.
Built-in version keep a watch on
Visible Studio 2022 has constructed-in toughen for Git version keep a watch on to clone, make, and begin your procure repositories. The Git instrument window has every little thing you wish for committing and pushing changes to code, managing branches, and resolving merge conflicts. Whilst you happen to could well well additionally just procure a GitHub account, you would tackle these repos without lengthen within Visible Studio.
Squiggles and Like a flash Actions
Squiggles are wavy underlines that warn you to errors or likely considerations on your code as you form. These visual clues will let you repair considerations straight away, without ready to stare errors at some stage in discover or runtime. Whilst you happen to flee over a squiggle, you peek more details about the error. A lightbulb could well well additionally appear in the left margin exhibiting Like a flash Actions you would take hold of to repair the error.
With the click of a button, you would structure your code and apply any code fixes speedy by your code vogue settings, .editorconfig conventions, and Roslyn analyzers. Code Cleanup, at the moment on hand for C# code handiest, helps you unravel points on your code sooner than it goes to code overview.
Refactoring entails operations a lot like wise renaming of variables, extracting one or more lines of code into a brand original approach, and altering the order of approach parameters.
IntelliSense is a field of functions that masks details about your code without lengthen in the editor and, in some cases, write runt bits of code for you. It’s admire having basic documentation inline in the editor, so it’s good to maybe well well presumably no longer procure to be conscious up form files somewhere else.
Visible Studio search
Visible Studio menus, alternate choices, and properties can seem overwhelming on occasion. Visible Studio search, or Ctrl+Q, is a wide technique to impulsively accumulate IDE functions and code in one articulate.
Collaboratively edit and debug with others in precise time, no topic your app form or programming language. It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to without lengthen and securely part your project. It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to additionally part debugging sessions, terminal cases, localhost internet apps, relate calls, and more.
The Call Hierarchy window exhibits the programs that resolution a selected approach. This files could well even be in fact helpful in case you are interested in altering or removing the approach, or if you strive to trace down a bug.
CodeLens helps you stare code references, code changes, linked bugs, work objects, code opinions, and unit checks, without leaving the editor.
Prance To Definition
The Prance To Definition feature takes you on to the positioning of a characteristic or form definition.
The Request Definition window exhibits a approach or form definition without opening a separate file.
Visible Studio 2022 version 17.2 is the 2d supported very long time length servicing channel for Visible Studio 2022. Enterprise and Educated potentialities needing to adopt a very very long time length stable and steady pattern atmosphere are encouraged to standardize on this version. As outlined in further ingredient in our lifecycle and toughen coverage, version 17.2 shall be supported with fixes and security updates for 18 months through January 2024.
- For 17.2, we mounted a scenario combating potentialities from installing Visible Studio due to a GPO coverage setting in the device registry. Visible Studio will now characteristic the identical scheme that WebView2 capabilities on the field of this set up.
- Visible Studio can now routinely keep code documents at any time when the appliance loses level of curiosity. This feature could well even be accessed through Tools> Alternate choices> Ambiance> Doc. If the “Autosave” possibility is checked, Visible Studio will strive and keep all dirty code documents at any time when the Visible Studio application loses level of curiosity (e.g. when switching to one other application in Home windows).
- In 17.1 we launched peripheral register and rtos views for embedded builders. We’re persevering with to toughen the capabilities of these views with usability enhancements in 17.2. Users can now click a pin icon next to peripherals, registers, or fields to pin them the cease of the Peripheral Gaze.
- Added compiler toughen for C++23 feature deducing this, on hand below the /std:c++most neatly-liked flag.
- Added inline parameter name and kind hint toughen, toggled by pressing Alt+F1 or double-tapping Ctrl. This behavior could well even be custom-made below Tools> Alternate choices> Textual bid material Editors> C/C++> IntelliSense.
- Added experimental toughen for C++20 modules in CMake initiatives. Right here’s at the moment handiest on hand with the Visible Studio (MSBuild) generator.
- Added IntelliSense toughen for C++23 functions deducing this and if consteval.
- In 17.1 we launched peripheral register and RTOS views for embedded builders. We’re persevering with to toughen the capabilities of these views with usability enhancements in 17.2:
- The RTOS instrument window is now hidden by default, this prevents exhibiting a instrument window with error messages which could well well be no longer relevant when an RTOS is no longer getting used.
- When an particular person double clicks on an RTOS object in the instrument window it adds a explore for the article.
- When an particular person selects the stack pointer originate up/cease values in the RTOS instrument window it’s miles opened in the memory window.
- Thread consciousness has been added for instrument targets for the call stack window.
- Added implementaion of the final C++20 defect reports (a.okay.a. backports). All C++20 functions are in actuality on hand below the /std:c++20 swap. For more details about the applied backports, please peek C++20 Defect Experiences project on microsoft/STL GitHub repository and this blogpost
- Added diversified C++23 Library featues, on hand below the /std:c++most neatly-liked flag. For details about the original functions, please deliver over with the STL Repo changelog
- Improved performance of the preliminary C++ indexing by up to 20%, reckoning on the depth of the consist of graph.
- Enhanced line staging trip by allowing stage line adornment to work in numerous diff modes (side by side, inline, left, honest be conscious).
- Stage and Undo commands in bear in mind toolbar now characteristic on the target hunk.
- Added the flexibility to enable Git commit-graph for better history and Git operations performance.
- Improved interactive staging by adding toughen for staging particular person lines of code honest from the editor and the diff be conscious.
- Enhanced the branch checkout trip, a.okay.a branch switching by adding in further alternate choices and context for when there are un-committed changes.
- Enhanced the gathered HEAD trip by providing the chance to keep or discard commits when switching to a branch.
- Added an possibility to incorporate license template when creating a brand original repository.
- Line-staging toughen, a.okay.a interactive staging with the flexibility to stage particular lines and/or chunks of code honest from the editor and the diff be conscious.
- Azure DevOps connection detection enhancements making it less difficult to related work objects to commits.
- Visible Studio now consumes 64-bit Git for Home windows.
- It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to now use a faster code coverage window with more versatile columns to organize and keep your be conscious. It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to enable the code coverage trip enhancements in Tools> Alternate choices> Ambiance> Preview Aspects.
- Distant Testing now supports take a look at runs against a long way-off arm64 windows environments.
- Foremost enhancements at some stage in paunchy performance of Live Unit Testing are on hand below a preview feature flag together with:
- Supporting more solutions out-of-the-box than sooner than
- Better handling of gigantic solutions
- Better default behavior working with gigantic take a look at devices
- Better cancellation talents of take a look at runs in development
- More configuration alternate choices with original Live Unit Testing wizard and Lutignore file
- Allow this original Live Unit Testing discover trip in Tools> Alternate choices> Ambiance> Preview Aspects and be taught our weblog submit to be taught more.
- We’re additionally previewing a more developed take a look at development bar that entails more details on where the Check Explorer is in the take a look at execution job with dwell updates.
- We now flooring embedded supply and Offer Hyperlink as a part of Prance to Implementation if a referenced meeting has embedded supply or Offer Hyperlink. Which capacity that you can navigate to the distinctive supply files that enforce the target image.
- In .NET 7 we added a brand original attribute called the StringSyntaxAttribute that will well well additionally just enable you philosophize us what selection of files a string represents a lot like JSON, Regex, or DateTime. We added toughen for this attribute so you are going to discover syntax highlighting for the original StringSyntaxAttribute for JSON.
- We added a diagnostic message for the original JSON StringSyntaxAttribute when there could be a misplaced string literal in an object literal to reveal that a colon is expected.
- We procure now a refactoring that wraps a assortment of initializers for both Visible Basic and C#.
- We now toughen embedded languages for the original C# 11 language feature uncooked string literals. To use uncooked string literals, field the language version on your project file to preview:
- Background Code Diagnosis now has more configuration alternate choices in Tools> Alternate choices allowing you to field the diagnostic scope to None in-order to flip off Background Code Diagnosis.
- Code Cleanup now supports all code vogue alternate choices.
- We added a brand original code repair for parameterless constructors within structs.
- We added toughen for StringSyntaxAttribute so you are going to discover syntax highlighting in Visible Studio primarily primarily based on the kind of files that the string represents.
- Like a flash Files will now masks signatures of anonymous delegates.
- Double clicking on inline parameter or form hints will now insert parameter or form names.
- We added a brand original refactoring that eliminates unnecessary lambda expressions and calls the approach neighborhood without lengthen.
- In C# 11 we added a brand original language feature called uncooked string literals. We procure now a refactoring to convert a atypical or verbatim string literal to a uncooked string literal.
- There could be a brand original alternate in the compiler to no longer enable parameterless constructors within structs. We added a brand original code repair that will routinely repair this.
- In .NET 7.0 we added a brand original attribute called the StringSyntaxAttribute that will well well additionally just enable you philosophize us what selection of files a string represents a lot like JSON, Regex, or DateTime. We added toughen for this so you are going to discover syntax highlighting in Visible Studio primarily primarily based on the kind of files that the string represents.
- Double clicking on inline parameter or form hints will now insert parameter or form names.
- We added a brand original refactoring that eliminates unnecessary lambda expressions and calls the approach neighborhood without lengthen. Set your cursor on an unnecessary lambda. Press Ctrl+. to trigger the Like a flash Actions and Refactorings menu. Tackle end out Grab unnecessary lambda expression.
- In C# 11 we are adding a brand original language feature called uncooked string literals. We procure now a refactoring to convert a atypical or verbatim string literal to a uncooked string literal. To use uncooked string literals, field the language version on your project file to preview:
preview. Set your cursor on a atypical or verbatim string. Press Ctrl+. to trigger the Like a flash Actions and Refactorings menu. Tackle end out Convert to uncooked string.
Razor (ASP.NET Core) Editor
- The original Razor editor now exhibits you the colors inline for textual bid material doc colors.
- The original Razor editor now supports the flexibility to crumple regions.
- The original Razor editor now supports the “wrap div” shortcut Shift+Alt+W.
- For 17.1, IntelliCode began suggesting quickly actions for C# primarily primarily based on an particular person’s intent in the IntelliSense list. For 17.2, these are in actuality shown as auto-speedy code that looks in the editor upon typing.
- For 17.2, IntelliCode’s strategies for repeated edits additionally appear as auto-speedy code when the speedy edit handiest involves adding code. This applies to both edits that span single lines and more than one lines.
- It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to now add Docker Occupy container orchestration toughen to an Azure Functions project and debug it domestically.
- We added .NET 7 toughen.
.NET Debugging with WSL
- Improved troubleshooting for configuration points together with an computerized set up of WSL.
- We added .NET 7 toughen.
SQL Server Data Tools
- Added toughen for column-stage encryption in SQL initiatives targeting in Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Creation of original Azure Characteristic initiatives is now fully integrated into the atypical New Venture dialog allowing you to take hold of and configure Azure Characteristic triggers without the need for an further dialog. You additionally discover the chance to make a dockerfile as a part of the project creation. When further configuration through Linked Products and services is wanted, the trip navigates you there and guides you throughout the leisure of the steps.
- It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to now connect your application to PostgreSQL (Postgres – Respectable Image | Docker Hub), MongoDB (Mongo – Respectable Image | Docker Hub) and SQLite (Data Offer=Sqllite.db) throughout the Linked Products and services trip
- Warnings coming from scaffolded coded and its non-nullable properties shall be hidden by default by adding the property “Nullable” with the worth “annotions” in the corresponding .csproj file.
- The Add Dependency dialog in Linked Products and services now functions a search trip.
- Improved proxy toughen by detecting when customers are at the back of a proxy and proactively prompting for credentials when Visible Studio needs to access online sources
- Microsoft Teams pattern tools
- The Microsoft Teams App project template has been improved and now creates configuration files per the teamsfx CLI, together with the .fx folder.
- We philosophize creating a brand original project utilizing the updated template for any present Teams Apps you procure created with old versions of the Teams Toolkit.
- We procure now removed account various and computerized registration of Teams sources from the Microsoft Teams App project template.
- It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to now resolve when to signal-in alongside with your M365 id and register app sources utilizing the Venture> Teams Toolkit> Configure Microsoft Teams App menu possibility.
- Updates to the manifest.*.template.json files could well even be synchronized with Teams Developer Portal by selecting this menu merchandise as soon as more at any time.
- It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to now make and debug Bots for Microsoft Teams.
- Originate a brand original project utilizing the Microsoft Teams App project template and take hold of out the Bot ability.
- Employ the Venture> Teams Toolkit> Configure Microsoft Teams app menu to register the app and Bot.
- It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to now make sources for Tabs and Bots on your Azure subscription.
- Employ the Venture> Teams Toolkit> Provision in the Cloud menu to make sources in a subscription.
- Employ the Venture> Teams Toolkit> Deploy to the Cloud menu to publish code to those sources.
- It’s likely you’ll well well be ready to begin remotely hosted sources in a browser which could well well be produced from the Provision menu utilizing the Preview Teams app menu.