As the Roethlisberger circumstance continues to unfold, it is actually simply one of numerous engaging storylines including the Steelers.
Speaking of the AFC North, the Steelers won the department last season for the fist time considering that 2017.
This is your one-stop destination for whatever involving the Steelers’ 2021 offseason.
Secret upcoming dates
- March 9: Teams have up until this date to franchise tag gamers. The Steelers are not expected to use the franchise tag this season (conserve CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora’s hunch).
- March 15-17: Legal negotiating window ahead of totally free company.
- March 17: The NFL’s new league year starts. At 4 p.m. EST, free representatives can start consulting with and finalizing with new groups.
- April 19: Start of offseason workouts for teams with incumbent coaches.
- April 23: Last day of the restricted complimentary agent finalizing duration.
- April 28: Last day to match deal sheets for restricted free representatives.
- April 29- Might 1: 2021 NFL Draft.
Unrestricted internal totally free representatives
OLB Bud Dupree
ILB Avery Williamson
LT Alejandro Villanueva
RT Matt Feiler
CB Mike Hilton
DE Tyson Alualu
OT Zach Banner
DE Cassius Marsh
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster
FS Sean Davis
P Jordan Berry
OLB Jayrone Elliott
DT Chris Wormley
FS Jordan Dangerfield
G Danny Isidora
CB Cameron Sutton
RB James Conner
WR Ray-Ray McCloud
OT Jerald Hawkins
QB Joshua Dobbs
S Marcus Allen
OLB Ola Adeniyi
ILB Robert Spillane
C J.C. Hassenauer
Unrestricted free agents finalizings from other teams
2021 NFL Draft picks
The Steelers presently have 7 picks in the draft, consisting of the No. 24 overall pick. Pittsburgh is expected to get 4th- and six-round countervailing picks, which would give the Steelers 9 picks in the draft. Pittsburgh will likely utilize its first-round pick on either a running back or an offending linemen, however don’t be surprised if the Steelers use their bounty of picks to trade approximately select a quarterback.
Rumors, reports and updates
February 24: After a day of reports, Art Rooney II validated on Wednesday that Roethlisberger will be back for his 18 th season. Rooney again stressed that the two sides will have to work towards a restructure of Roethlisberger’s contract to assist the group’s salary cap scenario.
Roethlisberger’s camp and the Steelers are dedicated to bringing down his cap number, which sits at a massive $41 … I’ll be back in the office quickly while I continue to work virtually from my house.
February 22: The Steelers reportedly restructured Web cam Heyward’s agreement, developing about $7 million in wage cap space. Colbert stated that there’s “a lot of work to be done” as it relates to Roethlisberger’s contract. Roethlisberger has publicly mentioned that he wants to play in 2021 and is prepared to reorganize his contract in order to assist make that happen.
February 12: T.J. Watt begins his public recruitment of older bro J.J. Watt to Pittsburgh. If J.J. indications with the Steelers, he, T.J. and fullback Derek Watt would be the first trio of siblings in NFL history to use the same team.