Powerball’s grand reward jackpot has actually increased to almost a quarter of a billion dollars.
No ticket matched all of Saturday (May 22) night’s winning numbers, which were: 3, 19, 27, 37,40 The Powerball was 8 and the Power Play was X2.
It indicates that the prize, which stood at $218 million, went unclaimed when again.
By the time of the next illustration– on Thursday, May 27– the leading reward will have gone unclaimed for 2 months. It was last won on March 27, when a gamer from Florida scooped $238 million.
The next prize is anticipated to be simply shy of that amount, at an approximated $236 million (with a money worth of $1611 million).
While May 22’s illustration stopped working to produce a prize winner, there were lots of smaller sized winners.
3 tickets matched 5 numbers, without the Powerball, to win $1 million. One gamer matched 5 numbers with an X2 Power Play, to win $2 million.
Sixteen tickets matched 4 numbers plus the Powerball to win $50,000, with an extra 6 tickets doing so with a Power Play to take house $100,000
Smaller Sized $100 rewards were won by 457 ticket-holders, who matched 4 numbers without the Powerball. A more 131 tickets won $300, thanks to a Power Play.
10 Most Significant Powerball Wins
- $ 1.586 billion won on January 13, 2016, by 3 gamers in California, Florida, and Tennessee.
- $7684 million won on March 27, 2019, by one gamer in Wisconsin.
- $7587 million won on August 23, 2017, by one gamer in Massachusetts.
- $730 million won on January 20, 2021, by one gamer in Maryland.
- $6878 million won on October 27, 2018, by 2 gamers in Iowa and New York City.
- $5905 million won on May 18, 2013, by one gamer in Florida.
- $5875 million won on November 28, 2012, by 2 gamers in Arizona and Missouri.
- $5641 million won on February 11, 2015, by 3 gamers in North Carolina, Puerto Rico and Texas.
- $5597 million won on January 6, 2018, by one gamer in New Hampshire.
- $487 million won on July 30, 2016, by one gamer in New Hampshire.
Each ticket has the very same possibility of winning. There is a 1 in 24.9 opportunity of winning any reward, according to Powerball’s main site.
The chances of winning the huge prize are substantially longer at 1 in 292,201,338
If you do win, you can pick to take your reward as an annuity, or for considerably less, a lump-sum payment.
The annuity choice sees the winner get 30 yearly payments over the area of 29 years, with each payment increasing by 5 percent till the 30 th and last payment.
If you do win a prize (congratulations!), call lotto authorities at 1-800-222-0996
Illustrations normally happen two times a week on a Wednesday and Saturday night, at 10: 59 p.m. ET. Each draw is relayed live from the lottery game studio which lies in Tallahassee, Florida.