How to watch Pelicans vs. Jazz basketball game
Mar 4, 2022
10: 00 pm ET
3 min read
Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the New Orleans Pelicans, but thus far the points are on their side. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Utah Jazz 95-65 three quarters in.
New Orleans has been led by small forward Brandon Ingram, who so far has 29 points and six assists in addition to eight boards. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jonas Valanciunas’ foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Utah has been relying on center Rudy Gobert, who has posted a double-double on 11 rebounds and ten points, and center Hassan Whiteside, who has dropped a double-double on ten points and ten boards. This makes it five consecutive games in which Gobert has had at least 11 rebounds.
If the game were over now, this would be the Pelicans’ biggest margin of victory yet this season.
Utah @ New Orleans
Current Records: Utah 39-22; New Orleans 26-36
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans will play host again and welcome the Utah Jazz to Smoothie King Center, where tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday. Both teams have set a high bar for this game after stand-out offensive performances in their previous games.
New Orleans’ contest against the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday was close at halftime, but the Pelicans turned on the heat in the second half with 60 points. New Orleans put the hurt on Sacramento with a sharp 125-95 win. New Orleans’ small forward Brandon Ingram did his thing and had 33 points and six assists in addition to five rebounds.
Meanwhile, it may have taken overtime to finish the job, but Utah ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Wednesday with a 132-127 victory over the Houston Rockets. It was another big night for the Jazz’s center Rudy Gobert, who dropped a double-double on 27 points and 17 boards.
The Pelicans are expected to lose this next one by 4.5. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
Their wins bumped New Orleans to 26-36 and Utah to 39-22. We’ll see which team can carry over their success and which team inevitably falls when New Orleans and Utah clash.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Jazz are a 4.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Jazz as a 3.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Utah have won 17 out of their last 24 games against New Orleans.
- Jan 03, 2022 – Utah 115 vs. New Orleans 104
- Nov 27, 2021 – Utah 127 vs. New Orleans 105
- Nov 26, 2021 – New Orleans 98 vs. Utah 97
- Mar 01, 2021 – New Orleans 129 vs. Utah 124
- Jan 21, 2021 – Utah 129 vs. New Orleans 118
- Jan 19, 2021 – Utah 118 vs. New Orleans 102
- Jul 30, 2020 – Utah 106 vs. New Orleans 104
- Jan 16, 2020 – New Orleans 138 vs. Utah 132
- Jan 06, 2020 – Utah 128 vs. New Orleans 126
- Nov 23, 2019 – Utah 128 vs. New Orleans 120
- Mar 06, 2019 – Utah 114 vs. New Orleans 104
- Mar 04, 2019 – New Orleans 115 vs. Utah 112
- Oct 27, 2018 – Utah 132 vs. New Orleans 111
- Mar 11, 2018 – Utah 116 vs. New Orleans 99
- Feb 05, 2018 – Utah 133 vs. New Orleans 109
- Jan 03, 2018 – New Orleans 108 vs. Utah 98
- Dec 01, 2017 – Utah 114 vs. New Orleans 108
- Mar 27, 2017 – Utah 108 vs. New Orleans 100
- Mar 06, 2017 – Utah 88 vs. New Orleans 83
- Feb 08, 2017 – Utah 127 vs. New Orleans 94
- Mar 05, 2016 – Utah 106 vs. New Orleans 94
- Feb 10, 2016 – New Orleans 100 vs. Utah 96
- Dec 16, 2015 – New Orleans 104 vs. Utah 94
- Nov 28, 2015 – Utah 101 vs. New Orleans 87
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Knee)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Kira Lewis Jr.: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Utah
No Injury Information