Through 3 Quarters
Down seven at the end of last quarter, the Los Angeles Lakers have now snagged the lead. Sitting on a score of 89-82, they have looked like the better team out there today, but there’s still one more quarter to play.
Small forward LeBron James has taken over for the Lakers, currently boasting 36 points (40% of their total) and five assists in addition to six boards. A double-double would be LBJ’s third in a row. One thing to keep an eye out for is Malik Monk’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
The Washington Wizards have been relying on the performance of power forward Kristaps Porzingis, who has posted a double-double on 14 points and 14 rebounds.
Washington has lost 83% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Washington @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Washington 29-35; Los Angeles 28-37
What to Know
The Washington Wizards are on the road again on Friday and play against the Los Angeles Lakers at 10: 30 p.m. ET March 11 at Crypto.com Arena. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
The Wizards were within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Wednesday as they fell 115-109 to the Los Angeles Clippers. Power forward Kristaps Porzingis (19 points), power forward Rui Hachimura (18 points), and power forward Kyle Kuzma (17 points) were the top scorers for Washington.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles fought the good fight in their overtime game against the Houston Rockets on Wednesday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 139-130. A silver lining for the Lakers was the play of point guard Russell Westbrook, who had 30 points and six assists along with eight boards.
Washington is expected to lose this next one by 4.5. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Washington’s opponents whenever they hit the road.
Washington is now 29-35 while Los Angeles sits at 28-37. Washington is 17-17 after losses this year, Los Angeles 18-18.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10: 30 p.m. ET
- Where: Crypto.com Arena — Los Angeles, California
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.30
The Lakers are a 4.5-point favorite against the Wizards, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Washington have won seven out of their last 11 games against Los Angeles.
- Apr 28, 2021 – Washington 116 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Feb 22, 2021 – Washington 127 vs. Los Angeles 124
- Nov 29, 2019 – Los Angeles 125 vs. Washington 103
- Mar 26, 2019 – Los Angeles 124 vs. Washington 106
- Dec 16, 2018 – Washington 128 vs. Los Angeles 110
- Nov 09, 2017 – Washington 111 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Oct 25, 2017 – Los Angeles 102 vs. Washington 99
- Mar 28, 2017 – Washington 119 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Feb 02, 2017 – Washington 116 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Mar 27, 2016 – Washington 101 vs. Los Angeles 88
- Dec 02, 2015 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Washington 104
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Malik Monk: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Washington
- Vernon Carey Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
- Bradley Beal: Out for the Season (Wrist)