On Wednesday, authorities stated 8 officers and a sergeant from the Santa Rosa Police Department are on paid administrative leave after the officers utilized a stun weapon two times in less than a minute on a guy who later on passed away in cops custody.

At 2: 17 a.m. last Thursday, Jordan Pas, 40, was noticable dead at Providence Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office stated in a press release on Facebook on Wednesday. An examination is being released into Pas’ death by the constable’s workplace, according to The Associated Press.

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat reported that Sgt. Matt Crosbie, and Officers Frank Sedeno, David Lamb, Nick Madarus, Joe Richards, Jonathan Morgan, Robert Moore, Bradley Marweg and Jerry Ellsworth were put on leave later.

While the constable’s workplace’s Facebook post offered information about the occurrence on Nov. 18, the officers who utilized their stun weapons were not recognized.

Pas’ autopsy is done, Sgt. Juan Valencia, a representative for the constable, informed the AP in an e-mail. Information about the autopsy have yet to be provided. The post did release pictures of a weapon that Pas presumably had that night, and a picture of him pointing the weapon into a cars and truck.

Officers reacted to numerous 911 calls speaking about a guy strolling in the area with a weapon. The very first call was available in at 1: 19 a.m., reporting gunshots fired in the street. Through monitoring video footage, police had the ability to recognize the male as Pas and saw him fire a rifle into a cars and truck, the constable’s workplace stated.

For more reporting from the Associated Press, see listed below.

Jordan Pas, Stun Gun, Death, Santa Rosa
Jordan Pas was noticable dead at Providence Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital early Thursday early morning after being shocked two times by officers of the Santa Rosa Police Department. In this picture, traffic supports in Highway 12 as locals leave ahead of the Shady Fire on September 27, 2020 in Santa Rosa, California.
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

Officers discovered Pas 10 minutes later on, shirtless and holding a “big landscaping rock in his right-hand man.” He was pacing and sweating a lot on a cold night, the constable’s workplace stated.

The officers consistently informed Pas to drop the rock and threatened to utilize a stun weapon on him. He did not comply, the constable’s workplace stated.

At 1: 35 a.m., an officer utilized stun weapon on him, triggering him to drop the rock and fall backwards onto his knees. He crawled over to another big rock and attempted to toss it at the approaching officers, the constable’s workplace stated.

An officer utilized a stun weapon on Pas once again– less than a minute after the very first time– as he supposedly “continued withstanding by attempting to get up.”

The constable’s workplace states Pas was pushing his stomach with his arms under his body as he attempted to press himself up “as officers attempted to hold him down.” He apparently withstood their efforts “by tightening” and continuing not to adhere to their orders.

The constable’s workplace account does not information precisely how the officers attempted to hold Pas down.

Pas was handcuffed at 1: 36 a.m. and rolled to his left side so officers might monitor his breathing. He was not responsive to “spoken or physical stimulus.”

Three minutes later on, presuming Pas had actually overdosed on narcotics, an officer administered one dosage of Narcan. Narcan, the trademark name for the drug naloxone, works to reverse an opioid overdose.

The huge bulk of individuals who overdose endure if offered naloxone. The constable’s workplace has actually not launched the outcomes of Pas’ autopsy and toxicology test yet, which would reveal if he had opioids in his system.

At 1: 40 a.m., medical workers showed up to take Pas to the medical facility.

By 2: 17 a.m., Pas was noticable dead.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here